I have a 2 CM thyroid nodule. My doctor is willing to remove it without a gna what're the risks and complications of taking out part of my th?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: Why remove?
Surgery has a long list of potential complications particularly around the thyroid.
Most nodules are harmless, but fna is necessary to help determine that. Having a 2cm thyroid nodule is not reason enough for surgery unless it looks suspicious for some reason. Please see an endocrinologist. Most 2 cm nodules can just be followed over time provided they aren't suspicious.

In brief: Why remove?
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Gregory Hines
In brief: Some
But not many. You will do just fine if they remove a small amount of tissue.
If they have to remove all of it, you may need thryroid replacement but that is a simple thing for your doctor to follow and prescribe.

In brief: Some
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Arnon Rubin