I had a 1-time ischemic finger and had an ECG (normal) with no previous history of raynauds. I'm 55. Should I pursue any other tests?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
We have not had an answer yet and an ECG is not the only test.
If is in one finger one must consider local vascular problems in the fingers, arm , etc on that side. We must eliminate the possibility of blood clots, emboli, trauma, smoking if you do that, you need to clarify why it happened.

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Ischemic finger
I would. If you truly had an "ischemic" finger (ie.
, it almost died from lack of blood flow), i would want to be checked for certain rheumatologic conditions that can cause vasculitis (scleroderma, wegener's, polyarteritis nodosa, lupus, etc.) and for cryoglobulinemia (blood clots in the cold). It may just be "raynaud's disease", but it is severe; treatment with a calcium channel blocker may help.

In brief: Ischemic finger
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology