My son is 8 months old. If I am in the room he can't be in anyone elses arms only mine or he cries. Its very flattering but I can't hold him constantly.?

Dr. Mandakini Patel

In brief: Mommy's boy?

This is normal for most babies.
They have separtion anxiety developing right around this age give/take a few weeks. You may want to play games with him where u walk away for few secs. & come right back in &interact with him without picking him up. Get him involved in some activity appr. For age. Gradually increase the time u return & hopefully he will grow out of it. He just needs reassurance!

In brief: Mommy's boy?

This is normal for most babies.
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Mandakini Patel
Dr. Jonathan Jassey