My mom did a check up ECG and found out she has lown-ganong-levine syndrome. She's waiting for her appointment with the cardiologist, should I worry?

Dr. Teresa Menendez Hood
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Short pr

This is an old term for a short pr interval.
If she has no symptoms of palpitations then nothing to worry about.

In brief: Short pr

Dr. Teresa Menendez Hood
Dr. Teresa Menendez Hood
Dr. Colin Kerr

In brief: LGL syndrome

Lgl syndrome is commonly diagnosed on the basis of the surface ekg in an asymptomatic individual.
In this case it is manifest as a pr interval less than or equal to 0.12 second (120 ms) with normal qrs complex duration. It can lead to spells of fast heart rate, and is treatable. Generally, i would do nothing as long as she is not having any symptoms.

In brief: LGL syndrome

Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham