What is optic neuropathy? Should I be concerned I will loose my vision? 

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Ophthalmology

In brief: Need more info

Optic neuropathy is a generic term for any disease of the optic nerve, which connects the eye to the brain.
Some conditions, like optic neuritis, or drug-related neuropathies, can recover back to normal vision. Others, from conditions like strokes or tumors, may not recover. You need a thorough eye examination and further testing to determine cause and prognosis. Best md is a neuro-ophthalmologist.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jeffrey Paul
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: See below

It is very important to be under the care of an opthalmologist if you have optic neuritis.
There are treatments.Do not delay evaluation and treatment.

In brief: See below

Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld
Dr. Arnon Rubin