I have a black spot under my toe nail and it moves when I press on the nail. What is it?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: May be bleeding
You may have blood under the nail.
This can happen after trauma, either a direct injury or from a repetitive trauma(shoe irritation). The will usually resolve as the nail grows out. If questions see your podiatrist. Fyi:there are cases where cancerous lesions can occur under the nail. This usually is a lesion under the nail that has not moved for months and is not moveable with pressure. Dr l.

In brief: May be bleeding
You may have blood under the nail.
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Subungual hematoma
This is likely small area of blood, probably from trauma to the toenail.
This should lessen and disappear as the toenail grows -- if it does not, have this evaluated by your physician.

In brief: Subungual hematoma
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen