What happens when lupus turns for the worst and you end up having a heart attack and kidneys start to fail?

Alternative therapy. You evaluation will clarify why you have these changes. If the lupus activity increased then antilupus therapy is changed to a more intense program. But lupus patients are at risk for atherosclerosis which can also cause a heart attacks. Kidney failure can be due to lupus but other reasons can cause renal failure including medications, hypertension, atherosclerosis. The evaluation will clarify.
AGGRESSIVE CARE. Hospitalization. High dose steroids and possibly other anti-inflammatory therapy. Dialysis. Possible cardiac cath and coronry intervention.