Can metformin and provera (medroxyprogesterone) help you conceive?

Sometimes. Metformin lowers your Insulin levels and may help women with pcos ovulate. Provera (medroxyprogesterone) is a progestin and sometimes will induce an ovulation in someone who is not ovulating but is mostly used as a tool to regulate menstrual cycles and prevent cancer in women who do not ovulate. Women with irregular periods should see their gynecologist or a reproductive endocrinologist for advice on these treatments.
Not necessarily. Metformin assists in increasing sex hormone binding globulin that binds testosterone. This assists in decreasing levels that inhibit ovulation. It also may assist in decreasing weight which may help some patients ovulate. This is not all that is needed in most women with pcos. Provera (medroxyprogesterone) only initiates a period and does not effect fertility directly. Consultation with your doctors is important .