I recently had a toe nail surgery. Can any one suggest me tips, so that in near future the nail may grow in right direction...?

Dr. Michael Wynn
Podiatry

In brief: Nail Surgery

Nail surgery comes in different types.
.Total and partial temporary, total and partial with matrixectomy. These procedures treat the nail by removing the offending nail, and sometimes killing the growth cells ( matrix)...Depending on which procedure, your nail may or may not grow back.. I would recommend you talk with the doctor who did your nail surgery and ask him, what to expect.

In brief: Nail Surgery

Nail surgery comes in different types.
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Michael Wynn
Dr. Brandon Macy
Podiatry

In brief: Can talk to nails...

But they won't listen.
Toenails grow pretty much straight out towards the tip of the toe. The forces causing a nail to incurvate and become ingrown are more gradual and not something you can control. If you had a matrixectomy performed, you should have few if any problems down the line. If the nail border was removed without a matrixectomy, it will grow back the same way over time.

In brief: Can talk to nails...

But they won't listen.
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Brandon Macy
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery