I lifted a heavy box when I put it down my right foot turned inward and I heard a loud pop coming from my knee it is beginning to swell very painful ?

In brief: Knee damage

A person who plants his foot on the ground, turns his foot or lower leg, and then feels and hears a loud pop in the knee, followed by very painful knee swelling .
. . Needs to see the orthopedic doctor directly, or go to the E.R. (where they can evaluate the knee and also have the orthopedic doctor check). It is likely that the person tore an important knee ligament or broke a piece of cartilage.

In brief: Knee damage

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine