I am bulimic and have been for 8 years. Lately when I vomit I see blood and I am extremely shaky afterwards. What is happening?

Dr. Horacio Capote
In brief: Please get seen soon
Many things can be going on including an esophageal tear from the vomiting.
Don't ignore this & see your primary care doc. You may even want to go to the emergency room. If you are feeling dizzy & shaky, your blood pressure could be low from bleeding. Don't let this simmer. Once you survive this, you may want to explore treatments for your condition. It is putting you at great risk!

In brief: Please get seen soon
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Horacio Capote
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Seek HELP
You have taken a very dangerous turn in this illness.
You must cease this destructive behavior. Esophageal rupture may result. Bulemia does not give you control over anything...

In brief: Seek HELP
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Vivek Huilgol
Dr. Peter Kurzweil