What medication can I take for a common cold if I am pregnant ?

Dr. Allen Seely
General Practice
In brief: NONE if possible
A common cold really does not need any treatment--just time.
But if you are really misearble then tylenol (acetaminophen) is the first line otc medicine then maybe a cough medicine (plain robitussin). It is recommended to just 'target a symptom' and not take a mixture of drugs (e.g. Nyquil, dayquil, contac....).

In brief: NONE if possible
Dr. Allen Seely
Dr. Allen Seely
In brief: Cold
Cold Tips: For sore throat – gargle with warm salt water (1/2 tsp salt in 8 oz of water).
* For congestionsaline nose drops or a neti pot. *For anti-inflammatory effect & mobilizing mucus- homemade chicken noodle soup.**For hydration- lots of water. Try clear broth. * Add honey & a small amt. of lemon juice to Chamomile tea.

In brief: Cold
Dr. Marsha Davis