My toenail looks cracked but I don't think it's fungus. No discoloration. Is there anything I can use that is otc?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Try a antifungal
It is hard to tell what the cause may be.
If the crack extends to the base of the nail under the skin, the crack may be due to nail root trauma. This will probably not gow out normally. If it is partially cracked, it may be an injury or fungal. In this case i would probably treat with a topical antifungal just in case. It can't hurt. If concerned, have it evaluated. Dr l.

In brief: Try a antifungal
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry
In brief: Prevention
Whenever there is toenail trauma it allows an entry point for fungus to invade the nail.
I would recommend a topical antifungal liquid twice a day as the nail grows out as a way to prevent a fungal infection. Also, if you have any signs of athlete's foot or skin fungus then treat that with an antifungal cream as skin fungus on the feet can lead to toenail fungus.

In brief: Prevention
Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen