What type of diet after hemicolectomy ?

In brief: Balanced

Typically the first 2 weeks should be a low fat and low fiber diet with stool softeners.
This reduces stretching on the new bowel connection. After this, a healthy balanced diet with fiber is recommended. There are studies that support using probiotics such as lactobacillus or acidophilus for improved function. Start probiotics after the first two weeks following surgery.

In brief: Balanced

Dr. Prashant Sinha
Dr. Prashant Sinha
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery

In brief: High fiber

I recommend a high fiber diet.
Depending on which side of colin was taken you may have diarrhea or loose stools in the beginning. More so in the r. Either way high fiber diet is the healthier way to eat.

In brief: High fiber

I recommend a high fiber diet.
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo