What are treatments for osteoarthiritis?

Many options. Osteoarthritis (oa) is a degenerative condition of one or many joints. Oa is common because of over-use, trauma, and aging. Treatments for oa include physical therapy, home exercises, pain medications (such as tylenol) & anti-inflammatory medications (such as advil/motrin). There are many options in the 4 treatments mentioned above. I also remind patients that "motion is lotion" & to keep moving.
Rest and NSAIDs. Osteoarthritis occurs when the cartilage at the ends of the bones at the joint is no longer smooth. It may be mild, moderate, or severe (bone on bone). Treatment includes rest, warmth or ice, and nsaids (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like advil (ibuprofen) or aleve). For every ten pounds someone is overweight, the knee joints see an extra forty pounds, so if overweight, losing just ten pounds can help.