I've been getting chest pains whenever I have to burp today I tried jogging and my chest pain was not allowing me. What could this mean? I'm 18

In brief: Some possibilities
A person with new chest pain has to go his doctor or the E.
R. To be checked for a heart problem. That means not waiting at home to see if it turns into a bad problem. As the saying goes, "better safe than sorry". Lung problems include pleurisy or pneumothorax. Esophageal problems include reflux and esophagitis. Heart problems include rhythm problems, pericarditis, myocarditis, heart attack, etc...

In brief: Some possibilities
Dr. Mark Tosca
Urgent Care
In brief: Herd
Could be acid reflux since its associated with burping.
Try some Tums or otc Zantac to see if it alleviates. More likely it's costochondritis. Which is inflammation at the rib joints. You can try tylenol (acetaminophen) or Ibuprofen for this. On the other hand Ibuprofen would make things worse if it's acid reflux. If you continue to have pain and/or if there is any associated short of breath see your pcp.

In brief: Herd
Dr. Mark Tosca
Dr. Mark Tosca
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology