I was playing football the other day and I kicked the ball to hard and my right foot amd ankle is extremly sorei can walk on in but is it broke?

Dr. Brynn Ewen
Podiatry

In brief: Probably not

If you are able to put weight on a sprained ankle then usually it is not broken.
Of course this is just a generalization so you should get it examined. In the meantime, rest, ice, compression, elevation.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Brynn Ewen
Dr. Brynn Ewen

In brief: Sprain

The only way to determine a fracture for sure is to obtain xrays of the foot.
You may have a fracture even though you are still able to walk on it most likely, you have a sprain of the foot ice, elevate and antiinflammatories would be wise to use initially.

In brief: Sprain

Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski

In brief: X-RAY

Only an x-ray will know for sure. Dr. Latva

In brief: X-RAY

Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Darrell Latva
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine