What are differences between left bundle branch block and right bundle branch block?

Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: The location
Obviously the location of the electrical block in the conduction of electric impulses from the atrium to the ventricles is different.
The electrical signals travel to the two ventricles through the left and the right bundle, the left then bifurcates to two fascicles itself. In my experience, the non-pathologic presence of right bundle branch block is more common.

In brief: The location
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Shahin Tavackoli
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Bundle branch block
Bundle branch block is an anatomic or physiologic problem in conducting electrical impulses in part of the hearts conduction system. If the impulse is blocked in the left bundle one ECG appearance is present, a different one for right bundle branch block.
These can be of minor or major significance depending on the patient's own situation.

In brief: Bundle branch block
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Dr. Calvin Weisberger