What is it like to have severe neck pain?

Dr. Steven Arbit
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: It hurts

I am lucky enough to have never experienced severe neck pain myself but patients tell me it hurts a lot.

In brief: It hurts

Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Steven Arbit
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management

In brief: It hurts

Well it hurts. You may also have associated headaches as well.
You may have limitation in head mobility. You may have muscle spasm also. Sometimes it feels like a vice around the neck.

In brief: It hurts

Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

There are a lot of potential causes of neck pain.
Each potentially has different treatments. Thankfully, most cases respond to simple thinds such as rest, moist heat, and the use of antiinflammatories. If symptoms persist, seeing a professional to determine the cause is a reasonable next step. Thank you for your question.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine