What does the cancer ribbon mean to cancer survivors?

Hope,badge ofcourage. They see and instantly identify with others wearing the cancer pin telling them that they are not alone in this fight- that there are others that have traveled the same journey and are still here - as a sign of hope and a source of information , counseling, commiserating , and to share a good cry and a good laugh. But do not ask me --- ask them - they will readily tell you their story.
A great deal. This is a symbol of cancer awareness, especially breast cancer. It is also a symbol of all that the survivors have been through, and how precious life is. To quote sulik 2010, "the pink ribbon is associated with individual generosity, faith in scientific progress, and a "can-do" attitude. It encourages consumers to focus on the emotionally appealing ultimate vision of a cure for breast cancer".