Are power brushes really better than regular toothbrush?

In brief: No

I used to think if you were careful, manuel toothbrushing was as effective as electric.
Then i started using a sonicare and my gums and teeth are much cleaner. My periodontal probings(pockets) have all improved. By using the electric toothbrush exclusively and flossing daily, you too can achieve better oral health.

In brief: No

Dr. Andrew Vendelis
Dr. Andrew Vendelis
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

Any toothbrush that you use 3 times a day is the best toothbrush.
Having said that, phillips sonicare power toothbrush is the best electric toothbrush on the market. The ultrasonic technology is amazing. I use one myself once a day and use my regular toothbrush the other two times.

In brief: Depends

Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Aaron Smith
Dentistry

In brief: Yes and no.

It really depends on how you look at.
It is possible to brush your teeth as effectively as battery powered brushes, however, brushes like the sonicare do most of the work for you. Plus, they can motivate you to brush more regularly than a with a standard toothbrush, which is always better in my book.

In brief: Yes and no.

It really depends on how you look at.
Dr. Aaron Smith
Dr. Aaron Smith
Dr. Jack Hinkle