What effect does fast music have on exercise?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Helps keep pace
Having rhythmic beat in the background helps many people keep up in a group class.
Music can also make exercise at home more interesting. My personal favorites are Brazilian and Bollywood :) Hey, it's worth a try. What do we have to lose?

In brief: Helps keep pace
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
5 comments
Dr. Pam Yoder
I appreciate all the votes of thanks for this answer (or image). I was fascinated to learn recently that hip-hop is embracing Bollywood. Groups from the US are entering competitions in India. Even Jay-Z is involved in blending the two types of music. The hybrid has a cool beat and is "great to dance to" ;).
Dr. Pam Yoder
Multiple groups of gangstas are performing on Dance Jodi2 on Vasantham, See if you can sit still when listening to this (tI cannot take responsibility for the lyrics though): After Akon and Snoop Dog, Jay-Z is also turning into Bollywood Music ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nddBIxPl78Q
Dr. Eva Dickinsone
Emergency Medicine
In brief: For most it is +
“Music is like is a legal drug for athletes, ” says Costas Karageorghis, from London’s Brunel University School of Sport and Education, one of the world’s leading authorities on music and exercise.
“It can reduce the perception of effort significantly and increase endurance by as much as 15 percent.” Elite athletes usually tune out everything.

In brief: For most it is +
Dr. Eva Dickinsone
Dr. Eva Dickinsone
Dr. Cory Annis
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: I'll say!
Listening to fast music makes it easier to clean the house, mow the lawn and do lots of things we think we don't have energy for. Rhythm has a physical impact on us.
Try meditating to fast music or mopping to slow music and you'll see what i mean. The success of zumba and curves has at least as much to do with the music as the moves. Pick upbeat dance tunes for exercise and smile while you sweat!

In brief: I'll say!
Dr. Cory Annis
Dr. Cory Annis