What can I use for malaria prevention if I am pregnant?

In brief: Malaria prevention
Her are some non-medication option for ^ mosquito safety- use bed netting when sleeping.
Spray the walls of the home with insecticide. Wear long pants & long sleeved shirts from dusk to dawn. Discuss use of Permethrin spray on clothing and mosquito netting as well as Deet agents with your Obstetrician.

In brief: Malaria prevention
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
In brief: Most of the Rx?
Most if not all rx for malaria prevention are category c.
This means safety in pregnancy unknown, concerns in animal research but never shown to cause problems in humans. I would query people living in at risk areas, like narobi kenya.

In brief: Most of the Rx?
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. R. Wayne Inzer
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Travel Medicine
In brief: 2 medicines
Chloroquine phosphate in non resistant areas where plasmodium vivax malaria exists and Mefloquine in resistant areas of the world where plasmodium falciparum exists.
Both medicines have some side effects you would want to discuss but they are safe in pregnancy.

In brief: 2 medicines
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Marybeth Lambe
Dr. Jane Van Dis