I don't swim well and am afraid I am not strong enough to save myself in the ocean. Can I insist on a life jacket when on a boat?

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
It's the law that life jackets that fit be present on board for each person on each vessel that leaves the dock or harbor. Yes, i always wear my jacket in rough seas or when i sail alone and I have 40 years of experience.
If someone says that you don't need one, remind them that boating is supposed to be fun and that wearing a life vest enhances your fun. Being more relaxed is what it is all about.

Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Pierre Moeser
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
In brief: See below
That is a great idea i recommend that.

In brief: See below
That is a great idea i recommend that.
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Howard Lelvowitz
Dr. Steven Seres