Why should I give my baby tummy time?

Strengthen chest/arm. Babies who learn to sleep on their back often fuss if you place them on their belly, yet tummy time will help with muscle strength in chest & arms for later as they start to roll over. They can acquire this after learning to roll over but may briefly seem ackward or delayed. I wouldn't lose any sleep over the issue & prefer to avoid battles when baby makes a big fuss every time. They will catch up.
Develop neck muscles. Tummy time is important to help your child develop their neck and shoulder muscles. Now that all babies are sleeping on their back they no longer spend enough time on their tummies.