What are the effects of atrial fibrillation?

See below. The most important effect of atrial fibrillation is the risk of clots arising in the atrium and causing a stroke when the clot leaves the atrium and lands in the brain. Patients with atrial fib may have decreased exercise tolerance and shortness of breath due exaggerated heart rate response. Patients may have fatigue due to decreased cardiac output. The feeling of palpitations may cause anxiety.
It Varies. It increases the risk of stroke, which can be disabling or fatal. Additionally, if the af causes a fast pulse for a prolonged period of time, this may lead to weakening of the heart and cause heart failure. As far as symptoms, it may cause palpitations, shortness of breath, chest pain, syncope, fatigue and sometimes none: some people are asymptomatic.