If I have a blood pressure of 120/80, is it possible that I will suffer from atrial fibrillation?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care
In brief: BP Atrial Fib
The blood pressure is not necessarily connected with atrial fibrillation.
You can have a normal blood pressure as your describe and still acquire atrial fibrillation.

In brief: BP Atrial Fib
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. Scott Bolhack
Dr. John Garner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Unrelated
Blood pressure and fibrillation are related in that structural changes in the heart can ultimately lead to fibrillation, but in the short term, blood pressure does not generally provoke afib.
There is a common link in adrenaline-like chemicals in your blood which can both raise BP and trigger fibrillation, but that's a longer story.

In brief: Unrelated
Dr. John Garner
Dr. John Garner
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology