Who knows most about nutrition? Doctor or dietician

Dr. James Mirabile
Gynecology

In brief: Dietician

In my experience, physicians do have some knowledge of nutrition especially if they have studied it or are interested in it.
A dietician spends their training learning all facets of nutrition and are very impressive in their knowledge. Working together and utilizing each others knowledge is very beneficial.

In brief: Dietician

Dr. James Mirabile
Dr. James Mirabile
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Agree, however, I look at it as doctors know better about nutrition in their specialty and in more general terms e.g. a doctor can tell if someone will benefit from phosporus, protein, potassium, or salt restriction in their specialty and would specify how much of restriction in mg. The dietician knows more the bolts and screws i.e. what should you eat? beans, chocolate, oranges? & how much?
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Neither

A nutritionist knows best.
Doctors are unfortunately very poorly trained (if at all in some medical schools) in nutrition in medical school. And i speak from experience having completed medical school this century. Also, the american dietetic association (which represents most registered dieticians) do not provide good, unbiased information for general nutrition.

In brief: Neither

A nutritionist knows best.
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Andrea Brand