What should I do to make sure I don't catch a cold from people I share apt with?

Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Handwashing.
Forget the supplements, vitamins and other otc things that claim to "protect" against the cold - the best data we have is with handwashing.
The alcohol gels work great for most things, even better than soap and water. Also, avoid touching your mouth, eyes or nose - that's how most viruses get in our system. Good luck and stay healthy!

In brief: Handwashing.
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
Dr. Keegan Duchicela
In brief: Wash
Wash your hands often, do not rub your eyes and mouth with unclean hands.
Ask your roommates to wash their hands when they are ill. Stay well rested and eat healthy. Many times you cannot avoid getting sick though.

In brief: Wash
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Dr. Marsha Davis