What questions should I ask before liposuction?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: ? 2 self & ? 2 Doc

There are questions you should ask yourself such as have you done your best to achieve overall weight control through diet & exercise, then ask yourself if you have realistic expectations.
Then there are questions to your doctor such as the risks, alternatives and benefits of surgery. Reviewing photos of similar body shaped individuals as well as referrals are an important part of the evaluation.

In brief: ? 2 self & ? 2 Doc

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dermatology

In brief: Experience

Liposuction is very safe and effective if performed by an experienced and qualified physician using local tumescent anesthesia.
Ask the doctor where they got their training (in formalized residency or fellowship, not a weekend course), how many cases they've done, complications, how many "redos", pictures of before and afters, if under local or general anesthesia (more dangerous under general).

In brief: Experience

Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. M. Christine Lee
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Questions

(1) am i a good candidate? (2) are you qualified? (then check it out of course) (3) do you have a book of "befores and afters" of your work for me to review? (4) if I have the surgery who will actually be operating on me?

In brief: Questions

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Many

You should ask your board certified plastic surgeon all the questions you can think of.
It is important to know if you are a good candidate, if you are at your ideal weight, type of liposuction and anesthesia, experience, before and after photos, recovery time, etc...

In brief: Many

Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo