What can be done to reduce the stress of first time parents?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics
In brief: Prep the best u can
Instead of preparing to feel stressed by your new arrival; try to imagine the exciting possibilities of the this "new life" you will prepare to take part in the world.
I think "baby days" to be some of the most enjoyable of parenthood. A baby just wants needs to be taken care of--she is not going to ask for money, or the car, or roll her eyes at this point. Love your new baby. Welcome help. Relax.

In brief: Prep the best u can
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Clinical Psychology
In brief: See below
Be flexible, if there are questions, your pediatrician is there for you.
Remember, you would have to compromise between what's written in the books and your own circumstance. It's an exciting time. Good luck!

In brief: See below
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Miroslava Fox
Dr. Vicken Poochikian