Why do I have a pain in my shins when I tap my foot?

In brief: Muscle inflammation
Raising your foot to tap it uses the muscles located between the knee and the foot (shin).
This may be a sign of shin splints. Shin splints is an overuse type injury which can occur from increasing exercise to fast or increasing incline too fast. It can also be caused by biomechanical imbalances.

In brief: Muscle inflammation
Dr. Arnold Zuckman
Dr. Arnold Zuckman
2 comments
Dr. Vadim Glukh
checking the circulation in the lower legs, as well as possibly increasing the amount of walking may be in order
Dr. Vadim Glukh
this may need a circulation check in the lower legs, as well as more walking...
Dr. David Laha
Podiatry
In brief: Var of possibilities
Should have this evaluated if it has been chronic.
My have muscle attachment irritation "shin splints. Icing, antiinflammatories, good shoes and supports when ambulating. See your podiatrist or orthopedist for eval. Dr l.

In brief: Var of possibilities
Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Keegan Duchicela