Is it less effective to take vitamin C with juice?

No. It is perfectly fine to take vitamin c with juice. There is a limit to how much vitamin c one can absorb at one time, so it is more effective to take small amounts frequently than large amounts less frequently. See http://ods.Od.Nih.Gov/factsheets/vitaminc-healthprofessional/ for more information.
No. Plenty of vitamin c in the juice.That is the "better quality vitamin c". This is because each vitamin existing in the fruits , vegetables, whole egg, meat, ...In several isomers(same chemical formula but different spacial appearances).In that "natural" state they are much more potent and safe.It is very hard and expensive to produce all those isomers synthetically.