How much will my skin cancer risk rise if I spend 10 minutes in the sun each day to get vitamin d?

Hard to quantify. But you probably don't need to bother with the 10 minutes of sun a day. Most people in the us don't need to seek out sun exposure for vitamin d. If you are really concerned discuss with your pcp and consider a supplement.
Good Luck. According to a 2007 study submitted by the university of ottawa to the department of health and human services in washington, d.C., there is not enough information to determine a safe level of sun exposure at this time if one is fair skinned, 10 minutes of exposure to sunshine at high noon (in summer) will produce 10, 000 iu of vitamin d; darker skin requires longer exposure.