How do you persuade your father and your brother to go see the doctor if they 1. Are afraid 2.Would rather not know 3. Want to avoid as much pain as possible and 4. Uneducated/illiterate?

Dr. Scott Lippe
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Fearful patients

Tell them that if they die of something preventable everyone will know that they were too cowardly to get checked out and not only will they be dead but embarrassed as well! {this has worked for my practiced in the past}.

In brief: Fearful patients

Dr. Scott Lippe
Dr. Scott Lippe
Dr. Mark Fisher
Maybe try, "Well, okay, then let's go to a lawyer to make sure all your affairs are in order in the event of your sudden demise." Or that a lot of preventable and treatable diseases are a lot more painful than anything a doctor could do to them.
Dr. Ward Dean