What exercise equipment in the gym should be avoided if you have aortic aneurysm?

Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Not sure.

It is not a particular equipment that is key to rupture of an aortic aneurysm.
Rupture can happen even when asleep or at rest. On the other hand, any activity, whether physical or emotional, that suddenly raises blood pressure and heart rate may predispose to rupture. I trust your judgement. Moderation is key.

In brief: Not sure.

Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. ALADIN MARIANO
Dr. Bryan Levey

In brief: A better question...

Is, have you been evaluated by a surgeon for repair of this aneurism? This is not a question you should be asking in an online forum. This is something you must discuss with your doctor and/or surgeon.
Failing to do so could result in limb loss from embolism, or the aneurism could rupture and you could die.

In brief: A better question...

Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Peter Kurzweil