Is the flector patch (diclofenac) good for arthrites?

Yes, maybe.. It is basically the topical/transdermal form of diclofenac, a sister med of aleve/motrin etc... If you have localized aches/pain/arthitis that is not too deep, then the patch may help without causing gut-side effect such as dyspepsia/bleeding etc...Patch is good locally because it delivers med right to the site at a rather constant rate compared to oral med. Consult your doc. Good luck.
It can help. It is essentially an anti-inflammatory medication delivered topically. Similiarly, one can use voltaren (diclofenac) gel or cream. All of the above do require a prescription.