I had tummy/back liposuction, and I am wearing a medical compression garment. How long do I have to wear this?

Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Surgeon recommends

I presume you had a surgeon operate on you whom you have placed your trust in to perform the surgery.
Please follow their instructions unless you have lost trust. Generally this is recommended for 3-6 weeks but outstanding plastic surgeons will vary in their advice. There are no absolute recommendations.

In brief: Surgeon recommends

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Varies.

The use of garments will vary from one practice to another. Therefore, best to follow your own plastic surgeon's advise.
Remember that he/she knows exactly what was done and is ultimately responsible for your care. Best wishes.

In brief: Varies.

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. John Di Saia
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Doctor preference

Different doctors have their patients wear garments for differing periods of time.
Longer wear might help mold the results in some cases. It is a matter of opinion however. :).

In brief: Doctor preference

Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. John Di Saia
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Compression garments

Compression is a very important part of your tummy tuck/ lipo recovery.
I advise my patients to wear the compression garments around the clock for the first two weeks. After that, i recommend wearing the garment 12 hours a day for another two weeks. After you have put so much time and money into the actual procedure, this is the finishing touch for great results!

In brief: Compression garments

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez