Can you get intoxicated from drinking chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse?

No. Seek emergency medical attention if you or anyone else has swallowed a large amount of chlorhexidine. An overdose of Chlorhexidine would occur only if the medicine were swallowed deliberately by an adult or if a child swallows 4 or more ounces. Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting or the appearance of being drunk. If getting drunk is your aim, Chlorhexidine is not your drink of choice!

Related Questions

Can I take chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse before sleeping? Thanks in advance.

Yes, it's excellent. Yes, you can rinse with the chlorhexidene before going to bed. It's an effective anti-bacterial agent that reduces bacteria in your mouth. Before bed is a great time because you have reduced salivary flow while you sleep and the chlorhexidene sticks around in your mouth for a while after you spit it out. Read more...
Recommended. to use after breakfast and before bedtime. The chlorhexidine for long periods can cause a removable stain on the teeth. Read more...
Yes but... I would follow the directions of the dentist whom prescribed the rinse for you. Read more...

Can you tell me if I could take chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse before sleeping?

Yes. Chlorhexidine gluconate mouth rinse or Peridex (chlorhexidine gluconate) is a mouth rinse prescribed to be use for mouth rinsing twice a day . You could use it before bed time and when you get up in the morning. Read more...

My dentist prescribed chlorhexidine gluconate oral rinse twice daily. Is it okay to swab my gum more often?

Chlorohexidine. Chlorohexidine gluconate 0.12% is an excellent prescription mouth rinse effective in helping you combat gum infection. I don't see any problem with you swabbing your gums more often but of course you should consult with your dentist before doing so as he/she would have more insight as it relates to your care. Read more...
Chlorhexidine Use. Chlorhexidine is a great mouthwash to get rid of bacteria in the mouth but it has one drawback in that it will stain your teeth yellow with long use. Use it for the purpose it was prescribed to you by your dentist but make a serious effort to improve your home care technique of brushing and flossing. Chlorhexidine long term can not substitute good home care. Read more...

Periogard (chlorhexidine gluconate) oral rinse cons & pros please. Can you take only 15ml once a day.

Antimicrobial rinse. Periogard (chlorhexidine gluconate) is one of many rinses that contain the antimicrobial agent Chlorhexidine gluconate- pros: may help control and\or prevent periodontal disease. Cons- staining of restorations, an increase in calculus formation, and an alteration in taste perception. See comments below to get more information on periogard (chlorhexidine gluconate). Read more...
Periogard (chlorhexidine gluconate) . Periogard (chlorhexidine gluconate) is a chlorohexadine rinse and you are supposed to swish and spit it out after 30 to 60 seconds. It can be used twice a day, but you should follow the dentist's advice. More than twice a day does not give you any better results. Good luck. Read more...