Are aortic aneurysms considered heart disease?

Technically no. As the disease is not affecting the heart itself, it would be more precise to classify this is cardiovascular disease. It is a problem that would be addressed by a cardiologist, also known as a specialist in cardiovascular disease. It's just a matter of semantics.
No. Technically, aortic aneurysm is vascular disease. Sometimes, heart disease and vascular disease are lumped together and described as cardiovascular disease. Certain types of heart disease are more common with aortic aneurysm. An example would be a bicuspid aortic valve.