Will vibrams help correct bunions?

In brief: Bunion

No since this is a boney deformity.

In brief: Bunion

No since this is a boney deformity.
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Raymond Stolarski
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Might worsen

It actually might make it worsen.
If you already have a bunion you may also have some of the deforming forces. Often times pronation or a flatfoot might be present. The vibram has no support so the flatfoot or pronation could worsen and hence the bunion can worsen. It definately won't help.

In brief: Might worsen

It actually might make it worsen.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Adam Teichman
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: No

Vibram five fingers will not help correct bunions.
. Bunions are due to mechanical defect in the foot. So these shoes will probably make a bunion worse over a longperiod time. I would reccomend seeing a specialist for advice on shoe gear. Go to www.Eastpennfoot.Com fpr more information on bunions and products to assist in supporting the instabilt yin the foot.

In brief: No

Dr. Adam Teichman
Dr. Adam Teichman

In brief: No

Bunions are caused by a musculoskeletal imbalance with strong hereditary influences.
Shoes don't cause them unless they are ridiculously tight, and they certainly don't correct them. I have seen vibram 5 fingers cause stress fractures in runners. Be careful when switching to a minimal support shoe, increasing use very gradually to allow your feet time to strengthen and adjust.

In brief: No

Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: No

This is a complex biomechanical issue.

In brief: No

This is a complex biomechanical issue.
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel

In brief: Bunion deformity

Bunion correction requires surgical treatment depending on symptoms and the nature of the deformity, by a special surgeon such as a podiatrist.

In brief: Bunion deformity

Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Farshad Bathaee
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: No

A bunion is a progressive disorder which usually has a genetic component.
Bunions may also result from trauma or due to a biomechanical abnormality. Prevention options include the use of bunion toe spacers, strapping, orthoces, and use of more comfortable shoes.

In brief: No

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat

In brief: Vibrams

No - and i think I am number 5 to say that.
These cheesy things have one purpose - to lighten your wallet. Bunions are a boney biomechanical deformity that require surgery to correct. See your podiatrist for the proper assistance.

In brief: Vibrams

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Thomas Inwood
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery