What type of anesthesia is done for shoulder arthroscopy?

General or regional. Shoulder arthroscopy may be done under general anesthesia, meaning that you would be completely asleep. It can also be done with nerve block (interscalene), where local anesthesia numbs the shoulder and sedation is given to help the patient relax and doze off during the procedure. Both are safe in experienced hands, but have different risks and benefits. Discuss with your anesthesiologist.
Usually general. Usually general in my community. Houston, tx.
Combination. The usual anesthesia for this procedure is a general. This can be supplemented by a regional block to the shoulder if the procedure indicates this.