Is acupuncture a sham?

Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Holistic Medicine
In brief: No
Acupuncture has been practiced for more than 3000 years.
Now it enjoys a revival and is spreading out through many advanced economically and culturally countries.The existence of the acupuncture points and energy channels was scientifically proven- points and pathways with low electro-magnetic resistance. They create a complete functional network like the nervous system for example.

In brief: No
Dr. Siranush Cholakian
Dr. Siranush Cholakian
3 comments
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Why try to disprove the effectiveness acupuncture??? It is like trying to prove or disprove the existence of natural healing. Modern doctors need to get off this flaw in the logic. An get on board to the power of the needle therapy!!
Dr. Stephen Rodrigues
Let me clarify ... the acupuncture point charts are a general guide, especially for the novice. There are better points than others in a particular case. NO magic points ... the needles themselves are the miracle. I use the history and my fingers to determine the best points.
In brief: No
According to a study released in the archives of internal medicine on 10 sept 2012; which reviewed 29 studies involving almost 18, 000 people; acupuncture was found better at pain relief than lack of treatment or sham treatment.
For some conditions it is superior to standard treatments. As an acupuncturists I am blessed to have found an art that can truly help others.

In brief: No
Dr. Eric Weisman