How soon can someone start training after an angiogram?

Dr. Edgar Lichstein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends on results.

The answer depends on the results of the angiogram, the site of catheter insertion (either femoral or radial artery) and the type of training .
Many centers, such as mine, are inserting the catheter into the radial artery in the wrist which does not require any post angiogram attention. A patient whose angiogram was negative and had this method used, could return to all activities the next day.

In brief: Depends on results.

Dr. Edgar Lichstein
Dr. Edgar Lichstein
Dr. Rick Koch
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends on site

Of arterial access (radial vs femoral) and what findings or intervention were performed.
Talk to your physician who performed it but generally in 4 days if no complications. I'm assuming this was a cardiac angiogram.

In brief: Depends on site

Dr. Rick Koch
Dr. Rick Koch