What are the symptoms of concussion?

Altered awareness. The concussed person is an unreliable historian. Most often they want to get back into the game and will negate their symptoms so they can continue playing. We, in florida, are moving to hold concussed players out for at least a week to measure (as best we can) their injury.
Some common. Some common symptoms are altered or lost consciousness, not being able to remember what happened or what one was doing, nausea, dizziness, vomiting, ringing in ears, headahce, visual disturbance - classifications of concussions can be found here: http://cpancf. Com/headinjuryclassification. Asp.
Varies. Varies based upon the severity if the concussion. Usually headache, potentially memory loss, lack of mental clarity, even potentially neurological symptoms on the arms and legs. I would not hesitate to be seen and thoroughly evaluated if you feel you have sustained a concussion.
CONCUSSION. To concus means 'to shake violently'; which is what happens to the brain when the head or trunk is violently impacted. This violent event causes brain injury at the cellular level, which is why symptoms and recovery are vary from person to person. The key to recovery is close follow up with a provider knowledgeable in the concussion who'll monitor symptoms & neurocognitive test results.