What are the symptoms of an anal fissure?

Pain . Sharp pain with defecation. Blood on toilet paper or in the bowel. Pain is usually worse with bowel movements.
Pain on defecation. Pain or bleeding when defecating can be caused by an anal fissure. Be seen to have it checked.
Anal fissure. Anal pain is experienced on defecation, traditionally described as feeling like passing shards of glass. Pain may persist for several hours after passing stool.

There may be bleeding on passing stools. If present, it is seen as bright red blood on the stool or toilet paper.