What are the symptoms of alcohol dependence?

Step One of AA. We admitted we were powerless over alcohol— that our lives had become unmanageable. To learn more, you might consider attending a meeting of aa.
Alcohol Dependence. Symptoms of Alcohol Dependence 1. Tolerance- need for markedly increased amounts of Alcohol to achieve Intoxication or desired effect 2. Withdrawal 3. used in larger amounts or over a longer period than was intended 4. unsuccessful efforts to cut down or control Alcohol use 5. Alcohol use is continued despite knowledge of having a persistent or recurrent physical or psychological problem.