I was stung by a bee - don't know if stinger is still in - my foot is swelling - what should I do?

In brief: See podiatrist soon
You should see a podiatrist soon or go to emergency room for treatment.
You can try taking Benadryl (diphenhydramine) which is over the counter.

In brief: See podiatrist soon
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Jeffrey Cohen
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Treat a bee sting
If you aren't allergic remove the stinger with a metal object (knife) scraping at an angle.
The venom sac keeps pumping until removed. Apply ice to reduce pain/swelling. As a beekeeper i've found rubbing the area with a cut onion for several minutes helps. Avoid scratching and apply calamine lotion as needed. Take heart in that your next sting will be less painful!

In brief: Treat a bee sting
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Andrew Silverman
Dr. Jack Hinkle