What are the presenting symptoms of mvp?

Dr. Alex Golden
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Asymptomatic

Some people believe that mitral valve prolapse can cause chest pain, but I do not.
Unless it causes severe mitral regurgitation (leakage if the valve), which is rare, mvp generally causes no symptoms at all. It is almost always diagnosed as an incidental finding (by accident when doing an echocardiogram for another reason).

In brief: Asymptomatic

Dr. Alex Golden
Dr. Alex Golden
Dr. David Shenouda
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: MitralValveProlapse

Symptoms can vary greatly and are numerous but the most common symptoms are chest pain and palpitations.
An echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) is the diagnostic test of choice.

In brief: MitralValveProlapse

Dr. David Shenouda
Dr. David Shenouda
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology