What are the presenting symptoms of mvp?

Dr. Alex Golden
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Asymptomatic
Some people believe that mitral valve prolapse can cause chest pain, but I do not.
Unless it causes severe mitral regurgitation (leakage if the valve), which is rare, mvp generally causes no symptoms at all. It is almost always diagnosed as an incidental finding (by accident when doing an echocardiogram for another reason).

In brief: Asymptomatic
Dr. Alex Golden
Dr. Alex Golden
Dr. David Shenouda
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: MitralValveProlapse
Symptoms can vary greatly and are numerous but the most common symptoms are chest pain and palpitations.
An echocardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) is the diagnostic test of choice.

In brief: MitralValveProlapse
Dr. David Shenouda
Dr. David Shenouda
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology