What are the major symptoms of post-herpetic neuralgia?

Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Dysesthesia

Phn is characterized by altered sensation (dysesthesia) in the area previously affected by shingles which lasts beyond four months.
There may be severe pain or just altered sensation.

In brief: Dysesthesia

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management

In brief: PHN symptoms

The primary symptom of post-herpetic neuralgia (phn) is pain in the distribution of the nerves affected by shingles (the drmatome).
This can be quite painful and last a long time. The shingles vaccine decreases the incidence of phn and i recommend that you discuss with your doctor getting the vaccine to decrease your chances of getting phn. I got my vaccine as soon as it was available.

In brief: PHN symptoms

Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson